You have questions, and here we have the answers. Have a browse through our FAQs below and if you want to know more, get in touch with the 3M team here.
Tap water may appear to be clean and clear to the naked eyes, but when seen under a microscope, it contains impurities, such as bacteria, chlorine, chemical compounds and sediments, which could be potential hazards to your health and life.
Luckily, with 3M Purification, you can finally put your worries at ease. To briefly understand what our products can do:
With over 75 years of experience in filtration technology, we strive every day with one principle: Provide Trust in Every Drop. With that, our Water Filtration products come with:
• Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) design – easy cartridge change-out;
• Fully enclosed filter media – ensure no spillage and mess;
• Manufactured from U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) CFR-21-compliant material;
• Tested & Certified by NSF International with NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and 53 (for AP Easy Complete, AP DWS1000, DWS2500T-CN & AP Easy Cyst Full Flow).
While some manufacturers have replacement cartridges that seem to physically fit into 3M’s filter housing, the quality and performance may differ.
Not necessarily, because 3M cartridges are easy to change. Please refer to our Filter Cartridge Replacement Instruction section in the respective product installation manual.
It depends on your choice of 3M Water Filtration product as well as possible promotion during your period of purchase. Reach out to any of our authorized dealers for further details.
Typical installation done by 3M Authorized plumber is approximately 1–2 hours.
AP902 – No.
HCD-2, AP Easy Complete, AP DWS1000, DWS2500T-CN, CTM-01 – Yes, these Drinking Water Filtrations adhere to the health requirements set by NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and 53 to produce quality drinking water. They effectively filter out residues, chlorine, heavy metals and bacteria, making sure your water is safe for drinking without the need to boil.
AP Easy Cyst Full Flow – Yes. Filtered water from our filtration system is safe to drink. However, if our device is connected with a faucet from other brands, the water quality may vary depending on the quality of the faucet connected.
NSF International is an independent, non-profit organization that helps protect you by certifying products and setting standards for food, water and consumer goods. For more details, visit www.nsf.org .
NSF/ANSI Standard 42 is established to certify the claims of water filtration systems designed to reduce taste and odor, nominal particulate and chloramine, chemicals that could increase lead level in bloodstream as well as causing respiratory problems, such as asthma.
NSF/ANSI Standard 53 is established to certify the claims of water filtration systems designed to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as lead, pesticides and cysts, which cause diarrhea, nausea and low grade fever as well as being potentially fatal.
Having certification from NSF International implies that all our products are recognized at international level, while assuring you:
• That you are buying the right water filtration system;
• That NO harmful chemicals will be added to the filtered water;
• That the system unit is structurally sound according to specifications;
• That the filtration system is as advertised – no misleading literature and labelling, no change in the materials and manufacturing processes as described by the manufacturer.